Apart from the GCN, Ta'Elan Empire, and Axizian Dominion, there are many smaller civilizations, some of them rather powerful and influential, throughout the known universe. Most of them consist of humans that rejected the GCN's rule, or fled the planet during the 150 year war. Others consist of Axizian rebels, Pre-Ta'Elan settlers, and even machine-based "life forms" created by scientists that in some cases, are long dead.
These civilizations are widely varied in terms of their cultures, locations, and histories, and are given their own articles, as listed below. Also listed are alliances that function independently of the GCN using loopholes in GCN law.
Also listed here are any governments or alliances that function as shadows under the ruling governments.
- African Defence League (AFDL). A powerful alliance of African nations, the AFDL was formed to protect the United Federation of African Nations from their enemies. Under the AFDL and UFAN, Africa has become a single market and economy, capable of functioning without the wider GCN economy, should the GCN collapse or the UFAN decide to secede from the GCN.
- Pirates (Numerous civilizations and clans are listed as pirates, but are described in general here).
- The Covert Alliances (Not a civilization per-se, but a secret alliance that functions under the nose of the GCN. Responsible for the creation of the Black Falcon, Sparrowhawk, Eagle Owl and various other elite fighter aircraft).
- The Children Of Anarchy (An ancient order born after the failure of Mission : Illumination that believes in a world without organized government).
- United Fedaration of African Nations (UFAN)
- The Barrians (A tribe of Ta'Elans who were isolated for hundreds of years on the Dinostorian moon, Baros).
- Impera Megacena (A group of pre-Ta'Elan settlers that were stranded on the planets surrounding Megacena).
- The Tallians (The inhabitants of the planet Titanium Tallide. They are both genetically and culturally distinct from the other Ta'Elans, and have partial independence through their own Tallaikania).
- The Uprising (A group of Axizian rebels who tried to overthrow The Great Axis).